Umicore Capital Market Days in Seoul, Korea (2018)
Umicore Capital Market Days in Seoul, Korea
Every few years Umicore organizes Capital Markets Days to update our investors and analysts with indepth presentations on topics relevant to Umicore’s strategy. Our current Horizon 2020 growth strategy was introduced at our Capital Markets Days in 2015.
On June 6th and 7th of 2018, as Umicore passed the mid-point of the Horizon 2020 strategy, we held Capital Markets Days in Seoul, Korea under the theme “Powering Ahead”.
At the event, management presented a strategic update on Horizon 2020 with a special focus on Umicore’s unique position in today’s and tomorrow’s clean mobility materials. More than 70 investors and analysts from all over the world travelled to Seoul, and close to 200 viewers followed the webcast, reflecting increased interest from the financial community in learning about how Umicore is leading the way in clean mobility.
During the event, CEO Marc Grynberg reflected on the key milestones already achieved since the launch of Horizon 2020 and provided an update on the everstrengthening megatrends that drive Umicore’s key businesses.
Pascal Reymondet (EVP Catalysis) and Kurt Vandeputte (SVP Rechargeable Battery materials) further elaborated on Umicore’s leadership position in automotive catalysts and rechargeable battery materials and how technology and environmental regulations will drive growth for their respective businesses in the coming years.
Denis Goffaux (former CTO and current EVP Energy & Surface Technologies) provided further insights on Umicore’s long-term innovation roadmap in clean mobility materials and how Umicore’s technological flexibility provides answers to the mixed challenges in terms of future drivetrains by covering all the technological bases.
We also invited the participants to join us on guided tours of our state-of-the-art cathode materials production plant in Cheonan and our automotive catalyst technology development center in Incheon, both near Seoul.
These visits gave the participants a unique opportunity to engage with management, and gain tangible insights by seeing how Umicore is delivering leadership in clean mobility and seeing the reality of our R&D and production assets on site.
- Formula E
- Gasoline particulate filters
- Energy storage at Umicore’s Olen site
- Umicore travel and fleet policy
- Cultivating young talent
- Stationary Catalysis
- Sustainable battery materials supply chain
- Umicore Capital Market Days in Seoul, Korea
- Umicore Argentina closed the loop for cooling water
- Employee Engagement
- Closing the loop for cobalt in consumer devices’ batteries
- Umicore Hoboken integrates refugees into the workforce
- Introducing the Umicore Awards
- Innovation for a sustainable future
- Bringing the world of sustainable technologies to students
- Growing for clean mobility
- Improving gender diversity in senior management
- Powering towards a future in electric Vehicles
- Smooth integration of Haldor Topsoe’s DeNOx technology
- Environment as a catalyst for improvement
- JUMPing across borders
- Expanding to meet the clean mobility challenge
- Ensuring sustainable cobalt sourcing
- Pushing for progress on safety
- New automotive catalyst plant to enable cleaner air
- Olen: Charging for the Future
- Collaborating on new metal recovery processes